We’ve put together a list of the best resources to help you increase your Beauty I.Q. Learn more about everything from new makeup techniques to current social issues and government regulations that impact both the cosmetic industry and you as a consumer.
Featured Beauty Blogs
- A Girl’s Gotta Spa! – Though there’s bath and body reviews and news that will appeal to any beauty-lover, A Girl’s Gotta Spa! often celebrates and empowers gorgeous moms.
- A Touch of Blusher – In addition to well-written product reviews, A Touch of Blusher is one of the best resources for learning about Japanese beauty brands.
- All About the Pretty – A beauty blog written with Southern flair, All About the Pretty’s Julia Coney shares her passion for beauty products
- Beauty and Fashion Tech – Beauty blogger Carleen Pruess shares beauty news and thoughtful beauty product reviews.
- Beauty Blogging Junkie – A lively writer and true beauty junkie, Amber dishes up beauty news and makeup reviews.
- The Beauty of Life – Features beauty news, product reviews and makeup trends.
- Beautygeeks – A beauty blog that doles out product reviews and beauty advice.
- Blogdorf Goodman – Annie provides thoughtful, well-written reviews of makeup and fragrances.
- Bon Bons in the Bath – A blog dedicated to “the bath, beauty and all things related.”
- Canadian Beauty – Don’t let the name fool you, Canadian Beauty is created for beauty junkies all over the world. One of the best resources for no-holds-barred, honest beauty product reviews.
- Christina Loves… – Christina Jones shares her love for everything from beauty products to must-have gadgets.
- Decorative Diva – The Decorative Diva provides plenty of FOTD’s with detailed lists and descriptions of how to achieve various makeup looks.
- DeLush – Written by a team of beauty bloggers with different types of skin and hair, this blog specializes in well-tailored beauty product reviews.
- eBeautyDaily – This B5 Media Beauty blog shares everything from video tutorials to makeup reviews and beauty news.
- Elke Von Freudenberg – Celebrity makeup artist and Beauty Blog Network founder Elke Von Freudenberg shares her expertise by dishing up products reviews and some of the best beauty tips.
- Faith’s Makeup Blog – About.com’s Makeup Guide Faith Lawless writes about everything from mineral makeup to hot new beauty products.
- Girl Gloss – Feeding the addiction of lipgloss junkies everywhere, Girl Gloss covers everything you’d ever need (or want) to know about lipglosses, lip balms and other lip products.
- The Life of a Ladybug – Though any beauty junkie will enjoy this blog, special features like “Bronzers for Brown Girls,” make The Life of a Ladybug an excellent beauty resource for women of color.
- Lipstick, Powder, ‘n Paint – Packed with beauty news and product reviews, LPnP describes itself as the Urban Girl’s Guide to Style.
- The Makeup Bag – In addition to a “Teen Beauty Corner,” the Makeup Bag dishes on new products and the latest beauty collections.
- Makeup Minute – With her love for all things makeup, Shannon Nelson shares makeup tips, reviews and product launches.
- The Mineral Makeup Blog – An excellent resource for everything you ever wanted to know about mineral makeup. Includes tips, tricks and mineral makeup reviews.
- Musings of a Muse – To truly experience makeup obsession, one absolutely must pay a visit to The Muse. A bona fide makeup junkie, The Muse shares her makeup hauls along with beauty news and beauty product reviews.
- The Non-Blonde – In addition to occasionally poking fun at celebrities, Gaia writes honest beauty reviews and some of the best perfume reviews.
- Product Girl – A great source for the latest beauty product launches, seasonal collections and makeup reviews.
- Savvy Skin – Jeni guides you through just about everything skincare-related, including skin care news and well-researched information on sunscreens and sunblocks.
- Spoiled Pretty – Daneen shares hot beauty news and spoils her readers pretty with plenty of free beauty give-aways.
- Stylebell – A beauty blog dedicated to hair care, trends and hair styling tips.
- We Love Beauty – Features magazine-style layouts, celebrity makeup-looks and some of the best beauty-insider makeup tips.
View all beauty blogs.
Featured Beauty Websites
- The Beauty Blog Network* – The ultimate resource for beauty blogs.
- The Beauty Ideal – Created by members of the Beauty Blog Network*, this online beauty magazine features themed monthly issues and a rotating roster of guest beauty editors.
- Paula’s Choice – Paula Begoun, a.k.a. the “Cosmetics Cop” offers expert beauty advice and provides some of the best-researched product reviews around.
- Makeup Alley – Read cosmetic product reviews or submit your own reviews to this online database.
- Makeup Mondo – Specializes in celebrity beauty how-to videos.
- Total Beauty – Features beauty reviews, makeup tips and an active beauty blog community.
- US FDA/CFSAN Cosmetics – The U.S. Food and Drug Administration website provides updated information on cosmetic product recalls, the current laws governing the cosmetic industry, and information for consumers.
View all beauty websites.
* Makeup Moxie’s Beauty Blog is a member of The Beauty Blog Network.